nVidia 680i: problemi driver s-ata

Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 4 su 4
    Nexthardware Staff L'avatar di Chicco85
    configurazione

Predefinito nVidia 680i: problemi driver s-ata

Ciao a tutti,

ritengo doveroso segnalare questa cosa. Oltre al consumo maggiore rispetto alle soluzioni Intel (si parla di 50 watt contro i 30 watt del 975x), il nuovo chipset nVidia sembra avere dei problemi con le porte s-ata:

"To be succinct, some nForce 680i motherboards have SATA issues. Data seems to get corrupted for no reason causing BSODs and corrupted hard drive errors. Obviously there is a reason, but the problem to the end user may seem very sporadic. The problems are severe enough that they can render a new system build useless. Talking to NVIDIA about this, we came up with the answers to a few questions, but no solutions.

Yes, NVIDIA is aware of the 680i issue and has been able to recreate it in their test labs.

Yes, NVIDIA is working to fix this.

Yes, NVIDIA states it is not a hardware issue, but rather a driver issue so we are all hoping for a fix.

Shooting from the hip on this, and I am no driver engineer, but this sounds like a hardware problem to me. I hate to say it, but there seems to be a chipset problem here that is not apparent in every piece of silicon. I hope I am wrong and it is just a driver issue that can be fixed through a new driver drop, but I am not hopeful of this. After seeing Dan take his 680i build that was causing him severe problems, change out motherboards, and his problems then going away, it is hard for me to think that a driver caused the issue.

NVIDIA’s track record at HardOCP with storage controller solutions over the life of the nForce brand has been poor to say the least, but has been getting better as NVIDIA has moved forward. With their recent acquisition of ULI, we expected to see all storage issues related to the nForce chipset go away, but that has certainly not been the case."

Fonte: HardOCP

Amministratore L'avatar di giampa

Predefinito

meno male ci dobbiamo fare solo i 3DMark....

"Scusate, ma se quest'anno in Texas ci avete spedito questo deficiente, vuol dire che c'è speranza per tutti?"

Nexthardware Staff L'avatar di Chicco85
    configurazione

Predefinito

Ed ecco, a quanto sembra, la prima soluzione.

Un aggiornamento bios (solo per le EVGA):

http://www.evga.com/community/messag...TOPIC_ID=23034

Difensore del RAID L'avatar di lucagiordan
    configurazione

Predefinito

porca puttana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    possibile davvero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CPU Intel i9-13900K / Sk Madre Asrock Z690 Extreme / RAM G. Skill 16x2GB DDR4 @3200MHz / Sk Video Intel integrata / HD XPG GAMING S70 Blade + 4TB x4 WD Red / ALI Termaltake Toughpower GF1-ARGB-850W / SK Audio Integrata / NZXT KraKen Z63 280 / Case Cooler Master Cosmos C700P / Masterizzatore Blue Ray e ligh scribe (che figata) LG BH10LS30 / Schermo AOC 27G2SAE

Informazioni Thread