Case in legno.

Pagina 1 di 2 1 2 ultimo
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 10 su 19
    mebibyte L'avatar di Annamaria

Predefinito Case in legno.

Ciao a tutti, vorrei farmi costruire un case in legno, mantenendo la mobo parallela al piano di appoggio e non in verticale come nei case normali...
    Mi dareste le idee ed i link a riguardo, preferibilmente in lingua italiana; il falegname conosce solo questa lingua .
    Grazie in anticipo e buon fine settimana.

gibibyte L'avatar di Intenzo

Predefinito

Originale come trovata, non ho nessuna idea pero'. Se ti va in corto qualcosa mentre l'usi, hai il focolaio bell'e pronto per buttarci una griglia e due salsicce sopra, ottime alla fiamma.
    Buona domenica

A presto
    Inte73

Predefinito

Originally posted by Intenzo
    Originale come trovata, non ho nessuna idea pero'. Se ti va in corto qualcosa mentre l'usi, hai il focolaio bell'e pronto per buttarci una griglia e due salsicce sopra, ottime alla fiamma.
    Buona domenica

A presto
    Inte73
    Divertente, ma come consiglio alquanto inutile...
    Spero in altri aiuti.

Plain, beige, noisy computers are both annoying and boring, right? I've decided to solve the problem by designing and constructing a wooden computer cabinet. This project took many full days' worth of work to complete. The entire construction process was undertaken by myself and my grandfather who has an extensive wood shop with which we were able to build this unique computer case. The inside of the case will be covered with aluminum foil to keep EMFs from getting out, and the exterior will have molding around the edges to look like a good piece of furniture. It will be stained to an "Early American" color. This page documents the construction process from design time to finish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHASE 1: Concept & Design

These are internal parts layouts for the new case. I modeled each main component to-scale in 3D and then arranged them for the best fit virtually. The motherboard will be at the bottom which will be good since the heatsinks will be huge and heavy. This way, they won't cause undo stress to the CPU sockets.

I have provided my CAD drawings in PNG format here:
    Top | Left | Front
    Everything is to scale, with each grid block in the drawings being 1/8 inch. These drawings are being used to plan the pieces of wood to cut.

PHASE 2: Construction

The bottom of the case is 3/4" plywood to provide stability. Seen here is an old motherboard mounted so that measurements could be taken to make the hole for the card slots.

The hole for the card slots was created with a router. Once cut with the router, a sanding drum mounted in the drill press was used to make the edges perfectly smooth and flat...

...like this. A metal plate taken from another case will be placed in these openings. These are the only parts taken from another case for use with this project.

Next, we figured out where the drive holes would go and drew them on. Like the card slot hole, these will be cut with the router. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures during all the commotion with the router

Once the drive holes were cut and sanded with the drill press, the first two sides were installed onto the bottom.

Just another view...

The fan hole needed to be created next. For this, a hole saw which is in fact a "cuttting compass" was used. It took forever, but worked nonetheless. The resulting hole was perfect with ZERO tearout.

More sides were installed, and the metal plate for the card slots was installed as well. The hole in the upper left is for the power supply while the round hole in the upper right is the fan hole.

There's the 172mm fan...

In the pic above, the one on the left is the 172mm fan, and the one on the right is a 120mm. This 172mm fan is rated 24 volts and moves 230cfm! It moves lots of air at 12 volts while being fairly quiet, but at 5 volts, it is silent and still moves a lot of air. The concept is huge fan running slow = inaudible. I may have a switch to select 12 or 5 volts based on what I am doing on the computer.

The drive rails were installed on the right panel shown here. The rails are aluminum angle brackets picked up at Lowes. The drives will sit on shelves which slide in from the left side which is a door.

Another view of the drive rails...

Aluminum was then installed...

...and then some more aluminum was installed. The aluminum keeps radio interference from coming out of the computer, and from external interference from going in. The foil is heavy duty Reynolds Wrap. The picture above is rightside up, we just had the case upside down

The door, hinges and catches were installed next.

A hole was drilled in the front in between and below the drives which will contain the keyswitch to power the system on.

PHASE 3: Sealing, Staining & Molding

Once the case was constructed, it was sealed with wood sealer, and then coated with one coat of MinWax "Early American" stain. The plywood is oak veneer, and once the molding is installed, it will look like a solid oak cabinet. The color in the photo below is more accurate.

Another view of the stained case.

Next, we made all the molding ourselves using the router. The molding is solid oak.

Once the molding dried, it was installed. The next day, I touched up the molding with stain and installed the solid brass door handle.

These are the moldings for the drives.

I then installed the fan filter.

It was finally time to install the computer's guts. The duct tape seen on the fan is to keep the fan from recycling air from inside the case.

A back view of the computer with guts installed.

The front with the drive moldings in place.

Tada! All done. This is its temporary home for now until I get a new, larger desk.

If you've got questions or comments, send email to casemod@kmcsonline.com

Purtroppo non ho il link...

tebibyte L'avatar di gorion

Predefinito

non vedo l'utilità di avere un case in legno , cmq se vuoi lo stesso fartelo può essere una bella idea , tieni solo in considerazione tutti i rischi che ci sono nell'utilizzare materiale infiammabile con un apparecchio elettronico , io non posso fare altro che sconsigliarti la cosa (da elettronico quale spero di essere) .

Se proprio vuoi farlo lo stesso usa magari dei pannelli di alluminio all'interno.

Tieni conto che per dargli consistenza ti peserà un accidente

Buon lavoro e occhi aperti (KEEP YOUR EYES ON!)

Predefinito

Originally posted by gorion
    non vedo l'utilità di avere un case in legno , cmq se vuoi lo stesso fartelo può essere una bella idea , tieni solo in considerazione tutti i rischi che ci sono nell'utilizzare materiale infiammabile con un apparecchio elettronico , io non posso fare altro che sconsigliarti la cosa (da elettronico quale spero di essere) .

Se proprio vuoi farlo lo stesso usa magari dei pannelli di alluminio all'interno.

Tieni conto che per dargli consistenza ti peserà un accidente

Buon lavoro e occhi aperti (KEEP YOUR EYES ON!)

Era un'idea e comunque non lo farei personalmente.
    Io temo per il socket delle mobo, che come nel mio caso é sovraccaricato da dissi molto pesanti ed un case che permetta di avere la mobo orizzonatale non credo sia disprezzabile.
    Avevo anche pensato di acquistare un case da ufficio, quelli orizzontali, ma il fatto che permettano liberta' di installazione delle periferiche uguale a zero, mi ha scoraggiato.

tebibyte L'avatar di gorion

Predefinito

purtroppo i case orizzontali non permettono di aggiungere troppe periferiche , proprio per come sono fatti.

Io ti consiglio un bel big tower per 2 motivi :

1) lo puoi modificare senza dover partire da 0
    2) anche io temevo per il socket , ma non creano problemi dissipatori maggiorati (non ho mai sentito di socket rotti per questo motivo ) . Io personalmente monto e ho sempre montato dissipatori grossi e non ho mai avuto problemi
    3) con un big tower (se buono) hai un buon flusso d'aria , cosa che anche con raffreddamento a liquido non guasta mai

Piuttosto se proprio vuoi farlo da te , cambia materiale (diventerebbe anche pesantuccio per dargli consistenza)

gibibyte L'avatar di ErBiamo

Predefinito

..senza notare che cmq il legno trattiene il calore, quindi la raffreddamento risulta piu difficile..
    per il socket stai tranquilla, ci ho sempre montato dei dissipatori da paura e non è mai successo nulla..

ciauz

gibibyte L'avatar di ErBiamo

Predefinito

Originally posted by ErBiamo
    ..senza notare che cmq il legno trattiene il calore, quindi la raffreddamento risulta piu difficile..
    per il socket stai tranquilla, ci ho sempre montato dei dissipatori da paura e non è mai successo nulla..

ciauz
    sorry la raffreddamento volevo dire il raffreddamento!

byte

Predefinito guarda un po qui

Predefinito Re: guarda un po qui

Originally posted by Lucky77
    vai qui e buon lavoro ciao

http://kmcsonline.com/casemod/woodcase/project11.htm
    E' quello che ho postato io, a parte le immagini...
    D'accordo per il problema della dissipazione minore, ma i socket con dissi di quasi 700grammi mi preoccupano molto, strano che a voi lascino indifferenti...
    Grazie dell'aiuto e dei preziosi consigli, ma il fatto che io sia molto scrupolosa, a volte mi rende anche noiosa...

Pagina 1 di 2 1 2 ultimo

Informazioni Thread