Asus Xonar ESSENCE ST/STX Parte prima:

Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 10 su 274

Hybrid View

Messaggio precedente Messaggio precedente   Prossimo messaggio Prossimo messaggio
    tebibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

Tu poni una serie di questioni.......serie.
    Mi sposto, per discutere di tutto questo, nel thread che aprii a suo tempo " storia e filosofia" , sicuro che ne avremmo avuto bisogno, prima o poi. Ipse dixit!
    Qui concludo velocemente, per non essere off-topic, che le modifiche che ho proposto sono tanto sicure da poter essere indirizzate anche a chi ha scarsa conoscenza tecnica e manuale.
    Per cui l'unica cosa che si rischia è di buttare via un po' di soldi per una cosa che potrebbe essere poco soddisfacente. Ma poichè io sono certo che non sia così le offro, certo di non imporre e non vendere niente. Sta agli adulti consenzienti scegliere cosa fare.
    Microfast, non abbiamo a che fare con bambini deficienti da proteggere, spero che chi partecipa a questo forum abbia abbastanza conoscenze da poter capire quello di cui si parla, o sia almeno in grado da solo di colmare il gap. Se così non fosse non è mio compito farmi carico anche della divulgazione delle conoscenze di base: resta un Forum, non la scuola radio-elettra!! E in ogni caso non stiamo parlando di modifiche pericolose, ma se uno ficca le dita in una presa di corrente non mi sento responsabile per la sua coglionaggine! Anche i bambini di tre anni sanno che non si lavora su apparecchi sotto tensione, o no?
    Quello che ribadisco è che non propongo nessuna modifica che io non abbia provato personalmente e pertanto non propongo cose dubbie ma funzionanti. Quanto alla soddisfazione...... aspetto qualche feedback.
    Hola
    Ultima modifica di audiodan : 06-03-2011 a 17:20

Predefinito

I find it ironic that I mentioned to Bibo that I liked this forum because people did not fight with each other, and just shared information and their opinions. It is twice as ironic as I found this forum because of this thread.

While a lot of the argument is lost in the google translation and cannot capture the spirit of the disagreement. I have seen this before in every audio forum, where the technical people argue with those who make modifications and seek to improve their equipment and sound.
    The truth is on both sides. Proper engineering is required to make equipment that works correctly, is safe, and sounds good. But, many engineers do mediocre work, and design so that the equioment can sell for a specific price.

If the circuit design is good, than better parts in the right locations can improve the sound. Better grounding, power supplies, and decoupling can all make sound better. It should also measure better, but there is much to learn about which measurements are the correct ones. You two obviously disagree at a philosophical level, and I do not think anyone benefits from seeing this argument. DC coupling and dc offset can be damaging to equipment. Touching dangerous voltages can be harmful or fatal. This is well known.

It is also true that a sane person will not do things just because he or she reads them on the internet when written by a person they do not know. I am not sure whether warnings need to be issued to address these things.

On a more technical note. I saw references to signal to noise ratios and frequency response, as i see on many sites. Why does nobody talk about phase response, noise spectra, and other things which matter very much?

I respect both of you Marco and Audiodan, and both of you have helped me get better sound. Please do not stop making helpful suggestons and sharing ideas.

You can stop the bickering, though.

Best regards,

Mark

You two

tebibyte
    configurazione

Predefinito

Dear Mark
    You are a wise man.
    I don't love discussions about audiophilosophy, They are not useful for many and could be boring for a lot of people.
    I want to move the philosophic discussion in another thread, leaving here the Essence's discussions.
    cheers
    Daniele

Moderatore L'avatar di bibo01
    configurazione

Predefinito

Potete continuare la discussione "filosofica" nel seguente thread:
    (You can continue your conversation in the following thread)

Sezione storia e filosofia

Informazioni Thread